Digital Menu Board
You can use iMenuPro to create menus that fit perfectly on HDTV Digital Menu Boards.
If you own a light-weight flat panel HDTV already, it's easy to hang over your bar or any suitable place in your establishment and turn it into an electronic menu board. Not only for restaurants, this works great for spas, dispensaries, or any business that needs a digital menu.
Use it to broadcast specials, seasonal items, or your entire menu without any additional hardware. Since it's digital, you can make updates at any time without waiting or paying for an outside service.
Here's how to get your iMenuPro menu onto a TV Digital Menu Board :
- Start with a new blank menu using
File > New Menu
File > Page Setupand choose
Paper Size > HDTVand select
Orientation > Landscape
- Most digital menus have columns, so use
Design > Switch Menu Styles > In this many columnsand choose
3or however many you need.
- Now create your menu as you normally would. There are no restrictions for menu boards - you can use any images, photos, or any design elements. You'll likely want to increase the font sizes which you can do with the Grow Fonts button on the toolbar or the
- Rename and save your digital menu with
File > Rename Menuand
File > Save Menu.
- Create the JPG to use on your HDTV with
Tools > Create JPG, select format option
Highand then click
- After your JPG menu is created it will appear in new browser tab. Click the
save pagebutton to save the JPG to your computer and make a note of where it's saved (in Google Chrome, for example, it will appear at the bottom of the browser page - you can then drag it to your desktop for easy access).
- On your computer, find the saved JPG file and copy it to a USB flash drive (aka thumb drive). If you don't already have one they're available at Best Buy, Walmart, or Amazon for just a few dollars.
- Take the flash drive, plug it into your HDTV, and follow the instructions on your HDTV to display the JPG image. It should look fantastic!